Search Engine Strategies
Making your web site easy to find is vital for businesses in our Web 2.0 world, but most business owners and marketing directors are not well-versed in this discipline. A comprehensive strategy to increase your online visibility not only can
increase revenue, but if done correctly, should easily pay for itself over the short-run. Key components of a strategic search engine-focused online marketing plan include:
- Video Search As of year-end 2011, Google accounted for about 2/3 of web searches a staggering 40% of those searches are for videos! Web videos not get your site and content found online, but they are by far, dollar-for-dollar the most effective "sticky" content you can use. Sticky content keeps visitors on your site longer and length of stay is directly, positively correlated with
conversion. Regardless of whether you sell products and services via an online shopping cart or are looking to get virtual visitors to contact you via a web-based contact form or phone call, considering allocating a significant amount of your online marketing dollars toward web videos.
- Geo/Local Search 360Village helps business owners maximize their potential to capture customers in their local markets.
Close to half of all searches for services include a geographic identifier, such as "Pizza in 90210," so local exposure is vital to growing your business.
You've probably noticed local business listings right on Google Maps 360Village can help you enhance those listings too.
- Web Page Optimization for Organic Listings Increase both the keyword density and
take other crucial steps to maximize search engine visibility. If your Web developer or SEO consultant seems infatuated with "META Tags" or some sort of "hidden"
text...run in the opposite direction.
- Formulate a Pay-Per-Click Plan and Track Results Don't just pay to be #1 on Yahoo! or Google, make sure your advertising dollars are spent wisely. 360Village can help you track conversions and return-on-investment (ROI) in a way that is meaningful to you.
- Invest in Training Too many firms don't thoroughly understand the depths of search engine optimization and online marketing and therefore do themselves a disservice trying to manage these efforts in-house without the necessary insight. 360Village can provide high-level professional training so businesses can more effectively manage and enhance their online visibility.
360Village Founder Dan Stone has trained others in the industry and served on panels of search engine marketing experts at conferences such as Search Engine Strategies
in Silicon Valley, California.
Maximizing search engine visibility and maintaining an attractive and user-friendly Web page design do not have to be mutually exclusive.
"Far too often a Web developer will sacrifice good search engine optimization practices in exchange for a more elaborate layout and
design, or vice-versa. A clean, simple approach invariably works better from both an SEO perspective and good, intuitive design. In the
end, such an approach gives the client a longer-lived Web site at a lower cost." said Stone. Register for a 360Village Online Marketing Workshop »