Virtual Tour FAQs
Interactive content such as our Total 360° images add tremendous value to web sites. However, not all virtual tours are
created equal. We encourage you to become knowledgeable about what 360Village offers vis-à-vis our competitors, and we're
confident you will see the advantages of working with us. If the FAQs below generate additional questions, please don't
hesitate to Contact Us
via our online form, or call us in our San Francisco Bay Area offices at (925) WEB-2250.
- What is a Total 360° image?
- 360Village Virtual Tours are produced from professionally photographed, digitally enhanced Total 360° images that allow the
users to look in every direction, including straight up and down. Each Total 360° image is crafted from two 180°
fisheye images which are enhanced, stitched together to form a "full" or Total 360° spherical image, then enhanced further for
a seamless view. We use the term "Total" to refer not only to the ability to see a complete space (not just a restricted
horizontal view as with competitors' panoramic images), but also to the effort we take to make each image into a true representation
of a space color & exposure accuracy are essential. Don't just take our word for it, check out what our competitors offer,
then experience the professional 360Village virtual tour difference with the variety of samples in our Total 360° Virtual Tour Gallery »
- Why is the Total 360° format such a big deal?
- The ability to look straight up in a Total 360° virtual tour image is a tremendous value for spaces where the developers and
architects have gone to the trouble of creating a beautiful environment, such as in the case of luxury resorts, high-end real estate and many of the
casinos we have photographed. The Total 360° images are not just about looking straight up though. 360Village virtual tour images provide a
much wider view than competitors' offerings and enables camera locations that are much closer to the action there's no need for us to back away
from a subject to get it in frame. Additionally, the fact that our Total 360° virtual tour images are professionally shot and enhanced, there is a noticeable quality difference.
If you have not yet had the chance to visit our Virtual Tour Gallery, please make sure you do.
- What file formats do 360Village virtual tours come in?
- Our Total 360° images are available in a variety of formats, both high-resolution and Web-ready resolutions for on-
desktop and laptop computers. Alternatively, we can use Quicktime VR or Java-compatible images that require only free Java
Software from Oracle that most users already have on their systems. QuickTime is great for high-resolution images and is a reliable solution for distributing
virtual tour images e-mail or in a PowerPoint presentation on a laptop.
- How do I get the virtual tour on my web site?
- 360Village offers clients a professional virtual tour solution from concept through online implementation. Our pricing includes a
standardized online implementation, and we can also build custom solutions to link our Total 360° virtual tours with an Interactive Google Map® or hotspots on a floor
plan or campus map, for example. Our goal is to provide clients with a Web-ready virtual tour that 360Village, or the client's IT staff, can quickly and easily put to work
online without the additional cost of hiring another vendor.
- How much does a custom virtual tour cost?
- 360Village bids projects on an individual basis and cost is a function of time to shoot and time to enhance the images and construct the
online implementation. We have special virtual tour pricing for residential real estate. We work closely with our clients to determine their needs and help them optimize return
on investment in our services. In many case our clients take advantage of the ancillary Web development services we offer to maximize their online visibility and ensure the most
eyeballs possible see their virtual tour. We are happy to discuss potential projects over the phone at (925) WEB–2250 and we request a written scope of work prior to issuing a bid.
Generally, project cost is directly related to (a) the number of Total 360° images desired, (b) the time involved in capturing the raw images onsite, (c) the type of online
implementation desired, and (d) any travel related expenses. Give us a call or contact us via our online form today to discuss improving your online image!
- How long does it take to create a virtual tour?
- Professional onsite photography typically takes a day or less, depending on a number of factors including the number of Total 360°
virtual tour images desired, the time of day for capturing the best raw images, and the staging requirements, if any. For the most part, 360Village shoots utilizing existing,
ambient lighting onsite. We save clients money by enhancing images using Adobe Photoshop® software rather than transporting elaborate lighting set-ups to the location. We are
sure you will recognize the quality of our work and appreciate the cost-saving measures we employ. Preparing the images for online implementation usually takes less than a week.
View sample images in the 360° Virtual Tour Gallery and experience the power of Total 360° for yourself.
- iPIX Corporation was a leading worldwide provider of virtual tour image stitching software and equipment until the mid-2000s. In 2002, iPIX selected a dozen virtual tour providers as the best in the industry worldwide. 360Village is proud to have been identified as one of those elite firms.